We’re frequently asked questions about our wood cutting boards and many of the answers are here. If you don’t see yours, don’t hesitate to call us or, email us at email@example.com and we’ll get right back to you.
1. How often should I oil my wood cutting boards? Why is it important?
2. How should I clean my wood cutting board?
- First of all, please note that none of your wood cutting boards should ever be run through a dishwasher! The high water temperatures and harsh detergents are just too much for a wood board to handle w/o warping and splitting.
- After use simply wipe the board down with a warm, soapy dishcloth then rinse, wipe dry and then air dry the board.
- You can remove most stains and sanitize your board by sprinkling it with salt and then scrubbing it in a circular motion using half a lemon as your “brush”. Rinse well and re-oil.
- Oil your wood cutting board regularly with mineral oil or an oil combination specifically formulated for use on wooden cutting boards whenever it starts to look dry.
3. I don’t see the design or size I want. Do you make custom boards?
Certainly! Simply call or email us with your request, include a photo of your kitchen if you think that may help, and we’ll get back to you with any questions and a price for what you’ve requested.
4. What woods do you use and why?
We predominantly use figured Maple, Walnut, Cherry and Sapele to make our wood cutting boards. Maple is the tightest grained wood and hardest of these. End grain maple butcher blocks are prized by chefs for their durability and knife friendliness. Walnut and Cherry are softer but also make excellent cutting boards while providing a different color accent for the kitchen. Sapele is a plentiful, straight grained hardwood from Africa that looks like a Mahogany (but is really not). It’s dense, sustainably managed, and works very well for cutting boards when quarter-sawn to reveal the shimmering look of its grain.
5. Do you offer discounts?
Yes, a 10% discount is available by creating an account on our website and funding it with Account Funds. This is popular with businesses purchasing personalized gifts for their clients, such as Realtors and home builders. In addition to the discount, your account provides a record of your purchases and if needed, can be set up to be used by multiple sales people in different locations (with tracking for each). This is especially handy for a home builder with several subdivisions or a real estate firm with multiple locations.
6. I really want a butcher block counter top for the island in my kitchen. Is that something you can do?
Certainly! If you (or your contractor) can provide us with sink templates we can cut them out for you as well. If you’re more than 100 miles from our Central Oregon shop please allow time for freight to your location.
7. Do you ship out of the US?
No, we do not ship outside of the U.S. at this time.
8. How long will it take for my order to arrive?
We generally ship orders within 5 to 7 working days. You may read our Shipping Policy here.
9. My board isn’t what I expected. Do you offer refunds?
Our Refunds & Returns policy is available here.